The underlying authority for our Youth Ministry is the admonishment to “Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it” [Proverbs 22:6]
Welcome! Our three-fold Vision for our Youth includes:
- reaching out to our youth (pre-teens, teens and early twenties) with the love of God;
- developing in them a committed, personal and eternal relationship with God through Jesus Christ;
- leading them in a continuous experience of the outpouring of the Holy Spirit in their life; and
- focusing, enhancing and advancing their education through tutoring and mentoring.
Overall, we do this by:
- teaching them practical examples of Christ’s love;
- nurturing them in a relationship with Jesus, with each other toward a mature faith;
- leading them in working for the Lord and the community;
- incorporating their perspective into prayer, Bible study, worship and in all aspects of the church’s work.
Finally, we strive to maintain well-planned activities, such as youth group meetings, learning trips, service projects, and just plain fun!(e.g., recreation such as mini golf).
Becoming a Christian is not a destination; it is the beginning of a life-long journey and our youth understand that. Our goal is therefore is to develop a “YES for Christ” attitude and character in our youth:
■ Servants for Christ in mind, soul and body.